Hi, I'm Dillon O'Connor and welcome to my blog which will track the production of LS29's debut production, Red Run.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

I chose this poster because the shot used says a lot about the film. The shot used is a long shot and I think this shot was used because you can see the expression which is fear on the woman's face and also the detail on her clothes as there is a lot of blood. The fear on the woman's face gives us clear clues as to what the film involves which is terror and possibly torture for the woman and also the blood on her shirt shows that she is being harmed and there is a lot of aggression involved.

I think that the shot used is quite clever as it shows the woman in detail but also shows  a lot of the background and that is in good detail too. I can see the sky, a long road, some grass and trees. It sounds nice enough but the road is empty which I think symbolizes the fact she's alone and cannot get help which relates to the caption at the top of the poster which says 'How can you be found when no one knows you're missing.'

The photo was taken from a low angle and I think this was done so that a lot of the sky can be seen and this is because the sky looks very grey and dismal and doesn't look very happy at all...if anything it's the opposite. I think that this is meant to relate to the fear of the woman as if the sky was sunny and pleasant it wouldn't work to the same effect as the dull grey sky does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note all comments are moderated