Hi, I'm Dillon O'Connor and welcome to my blog which will track the production of LS29's debut production, Red Run.

Saturday 25 February 2012

'Red Run' Rough Cut 1

This is LS29's first rough cut for the Red Run film opening. The feedback that Sam and I received made it clear that the red action figure used as the killer wasn't appropriate for the slasher genre that we are attempting to achieve and that instead we should use a doll like in the Child's Play films. I will look for a new doll, preferably a child's toy. However, Sam and I need to focus on keeping the doll part of a red theme to avoid having to change the name of our working title this late. Also, I think that the lighting in the shots is too bright and that it would be more suitable to the slasher genre if the lighting is darker. As well, obviously the rough cut doesn't have a good ending and Sam and I are still deciding which ending to go with; we like the idea of having another doll that looks scary, however kills the other doll and saves the teenage boy. We will have another rough cut up on Thursday with both endings so that we can receive feedback as to which one to go with. Some other feedback that we received is that the electrocution of the action figures at the beginning is good but would be better with sound effects



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note all comments are moderated