Hi, I'm Dillon O'Connor and welcome to my blog which will track the production of LS29's debut production, Red Run.

Friday 27 January 2012

Black Christmas - Vodcast

Students were tasked with looking at at least the 1st 25mins of a horror film (mostly slashers), and make notes on how it reflected (or tweaked) the conventions of the slasher genre; this vodcast summarises these findings, plus compares the film to their own current ideas for a slasher opening... 


II made this vodcast using I-Movie. I simply watched the opening of it through twice, taking notes on what I thought were important aspects of the story line and mise-en-scene and then I went through the opening again for a third time, taking screen shots. Once I had all of the screen shots that I wanted, I then played them through and spoke about what was on screen and why I thought it was important. I also used I-Movie to record my voice and I chose to use this software over other possible software i'm familiar with and had access to such as Final Cut and Sony Vegas because the I.T skills required for the task were very basic and I see I-Movie as a simple and basic program where as Final Cut and Sony Vegas are a lot more complex and a lot of their features are irrelevant to the task we had been set.


Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions as to how I can improve this vodcast so that I can take ito consideration what I could do to make my next vodcast better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note all comments are moderated